Wednesday, November 29, 2023

The Last Love Note by Emma Grey

 

My thoughts 

This is my first book by this author and boy did it blow me away. This is such an emotional story. Filled with so much love and loss. New beginnings. It has a few chuckles too. It seems to have it all but mostly it's a big tearjerker. About such an unfair disease. A happy family. And a loss that will leave you breathless.

The Last Love Note made me weep. I don't mean just cry either. I had to take several breaks because I could not see the words. It also keeps you hoping for something new. Something to begin anew. 

Kate and Cam have the perfect life. Until they don't. The journey they take in this book will definitely make you have feelings. The love they have for each other and their son is so deep and so strong. Even after seventeen years they have that deep set love that nothing can tear apart. Until it does. When they receive the most devastating news a couple can their lives take a huge turn. It's so tragic that this is happening to such a young couple. 

The author does such a good job describing the feelings that Kate felt. I had to wonder if she had first hand experience. Or did she weep while writing this book. Read the Acknowledgments and find out. The depth of Kate's sorry just took my heart and twisted it in knots. It's also a story of hope. In comes Justin and Hugh. While I adored Justin my heart was with Hugh all the way. I wanted so bad for him and Kate to finally end up together. Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. Kate has gone through a long journey to get where she ends up. Lots of ups and downs. Survivors guilt also. She has such a hard time letting go of Cam. Not that she will ever stop loving him. She just needs to move on with her life. For herself and for their child, Charlie. 

When Kate finds the "last love note" things do change for her. It's so obvious how much Cam loved her. How much he wanted her to have a life after him. How much he trusted a certain person. This book is about love. Even though it hurt my heart I thought it was a beautiful story. Heartfelt and heartbreaking. Told from Kate's pov throughout. You find out exactly what and why things happened the way they did. 

Thank you Emma Gray for this wonderful heartfelt story. I'm so sorry about your loss. I finally understood where all that emotion came from. 

Five big stars for this book. Have a lot of Kleenex handy also. You will need it.

Synopsis

You may never stop loving the one you lost. But you can still find love again.

Kate is a bit of a mess. Two years after losing her young husband Cameron, she’s grieving, solo parenting, working like mad at her university fundraising job, always dropping the ball—and yet clinging to her sense of humor.

Lurching from one comedic crisis to the next, she also navigates an overbearing mom and a Tinder-obsessed best friend who's determined to matchmake Kate with her hot new neighbor.

When an in-flight problem leaves Kate and her boss, Hugh, stranded for a weekend on the east coast of Australia, she finally has a chance, away from her son, to really process her grief and see what’s right in front of her. Can she let go of the love of her life and risk her heart a second time?

When it becomes clear that Hugh is hiding a secret, Kate turns to the trail of scribbled notes she once used to hold her life together. The first note captured her heart. Will the last note set it free?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding Sophie by Imran Mahmood

My thoughts What did I just read. From the first page to the last. I truly can't believe I actually stuck with this book.  This is the k...