Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros

 

My thoughts

I again listened to the audio while actually reading the book. The audio gives and takes. As for the narrators, again they fall short. While the intense parts are fun while listening, like actually watching it happen, the words are a mess. This narrator needs to learn how to pronounce many words and even names. She hasn't a clue obviously as to how to really pronounce the characters names. Unless the author is ok with it and doesn't know how to spell them. That being said I still enjoyed this book very much. I'm so glad I read it. Now I certainly how the author is busy writing the next one or even better getting ready to release it.

This is book too of The Empyrean series and though it does start out a bit slow it picks up and takes off without a hitch. It's a long, heart pounding story that will keep you turning the pages. Once it gets going it's every bit as good as the first book. As for comparing this to real life as I've read in a few reviews that is ludicrous. This is a fantasy, sci-fi book. A bit of a love story also. 

The book shows what a vivid imagination the author has. How two different types can work together for the betterment of the human race. Or whatever these people are. lol That you can have a dragon, who doesn't love that, that will help you fight enemies. That family still means a lot. That even a mother may be forgiven. 

I am so enjoying these books. They are fun, intense, heartwarming. They even give a few chuckles along the way. I give the actual book FOUR stars because I loved it. The audio has to lose a few stars but this is not about that anymore. Good book. If you read the first one you want to read this one. And the next one hopefully soon...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding Sophie by Imran Mahmood

My thoughts What did I just read. From the first page to the last. I truly can't believe I actually stuck with this book.  This is the k...