Sunday, March 12, 2023

IN MY LIFE by Kay Bratt

 

My thoughts

Each book in this series is better than the last. That is saying a lot as each is great. 
They are about a family. A family with lots of drama and some secrets. Some new loves may be developing along the way also. And the dogs. There are some stories about dogs that will take your heart. Both good things and some bad. 

Taylor is a cop who works hard. She's always helping others and putting herself last. She lets a few people walk over her at times but I have a feeling it will all work out in the last book. Everything will. I hope. I sure do hate to see this series end. It's been my favorite of this author's books and she's written some very good ones. This book has a lot going on. Family is at the center of all everything. Taylor's sisters seem to need her more than even they realize at times.  You get to know their mother more in this book.

Cate, the mother of these four girls. She was wrongfully sent to prison many years ago. She was accused of murder by arson. She spent all that time locked up and very lonely. Not having much trust in anything or anyone. A real loner. Taylor found her and helped prove her innocence. Now Cate is trying to make a life with her daughters. She may just find that special someone also. We'll see. I hope so. She has a love for animals and gets a job at the local humane society. There is a lot of drama there also. Not with the employs but with some of the nuts that come in. 

There is a big murder in this book. A dad, son and best friend are killed in cold blood. Taylor and Shane are the leads on this one and won't stop until someone is caught. It is not one of those where you will figure out who did it. You won't. But they might. They work well together but I'm still rooting for Taylor and Sam. I want them to get together. 

Lucy is happy with the choices she is finally making also. Her son and her are living on a boat and making new friends. I think she's going to be a great mother. Of course she still needs Taylor's help and her mom, Cate's, love and understanding. 

You get to know a little more about Jo and her son also. And just a bit about Anna again. I worry about Anna. I don't think she's in a good place in her marriage. I'm afraid her husband is going to be a bit controlling and possibly a bit abusive. I hope not. We will see. 

This book was a fun read and a serious one that made me laugh out loud in a couple of places. One in particular. The word that one man used... "hippa-thesis." If you read or read the book you'll see what I mean. It had me laughing so hard. I could just picture this country, possibly a redneck, man saying that. 

This book is great. It has a bit of everything for you. I do hope we find out who hurt Taylor and he gets brought to justice. 

Thank you Kay Bratt for this beautiful series and this third book. I am very anxious to read the next one now. Not that I want it to end but it's that good.

Five big huge stars..

Synopsis

Hart's Ridge used to be such a quaint, peaceful little town but when Deputy Taylor stumbles upon a triple murder, she won't stop until she finds the ruthless killer.

Working a murder case is hard enough but when she is also trying to navigate a new relationship, not lose her dog, and also keep her own family straight, Taylor realizes she may have taken on more than she can handle. Something has got to give.

Deputy Taylor Gray is a young woman carrying the world on her shoulders as she does her best to solve mysteries (each inspired by a true crime), as well as fight to piece her fractured family back together. What will it take to convince her to step back and figure out what she needs?



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Underground Library by Jennifer Ryan

  My thoughts I can't believe this is my first book by this author. It was excellent. Very well written and researched. Based on a true ...