Tuesday, October 4, 2022

THE FAMILY HOME by Miranda Smith

 

Book Description:


There’s a dead man in my apartment. Only me and my ex have a key. But neither of us would have done this. We have too much to lose...


I wake on the sofa, my head throbbing. How did I get here? In the darkness, I make my way to my bedroom. I turn on the lights. And then I scream.


There’s a body in my bed. And I know this man: we went on two dates together. Who could have killed him? And how did he get in? Only two people have a key to the house: me and my ex-husband Matthew.


I trust Matthew. With what we’re hiding, I have to. And I can’t risk the police digging into our past, or learning about the night when we drank champagne on the cliff and ruined everything.


Someone knows our secret. We have to find out what they want. But am I wrong to believe Matthew, when I know how well he can lie? And how can I save myself, when the truth might destroy me?


An absolutely gripping thriller that will keep you reading late into the night, unable to put the book down for a second.


Author Bio:


Miranda Smith writes psychological and domestic suspense. She is drawn to stories about ordinary people in extraordinary situations. Before completing her first novel, she worked as a newspaper staff writer and a secondary English teacher. She lives in East Tennessee with her husband and three young children.


https://mirandasmithwriter.com/

https://www.facebook.com/MirandaSmithAuthor/

https://www.instagram.com/mirandasmithwriter/

https://twitter.com/msmithbooks



Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Miranda Smith here: https://www.bookouture.com/miranda-smith


MY THOUGHTS

I'm a huge fan of Miranda Smith's books. This one is another great edge of your seat thriller that will keep you turning the pages. I actually haven't read a book this fast in quite a while. It was that good. 

Lillian and Matthew had the perfect life. The golden couple. They worked very hard and made it to the top. They went through a lot to finally have this life and to have the child they both wanted so desperately. They live in a beautiful home in a very upscale neighborhood and are the envy of their friends. Then things fall apart. Something happened that neither can seem to move past. Especially Lillian. She's there for Matthew just as he is her. But she can't move past what happened. Then they become the golden divorced couple. They are the best of friends. Trust each other completely and are there for their daughter no matter what. Until something happens to make them wonder if they can truly trust each other.

Lillian and Rebecca go out after Lillian's daughters birthday party. They get pretty plastered. Then Lillian wakes up on her own couch and can't seem to remember much. What she does know is that she needs to be in her bed. But when she turns on her bedroom light her life changes. Can she ever find her way back to a normal life again? Will things ever be the same? Who is this man in her bed? Dead! Murdered? Who could have done this? No one else has a key to her apartment except Matthew. Would he do such a thing and if so why?

There are a few suspects in this book. I did not completely figure out who did it or why. I did have my suspicions though. High on my list. But I was in shock as to why and even in a way as to who. Why would this person do such a thing. So many had a reason it seems. But who could have known Lillian and Matthew's big secret and use it against Lillian in such a way. Why would they. As the suspects start adding up your mind goes to work on the why of it all. This is such a good suspense/thriller/mystery you won't be able to put it down until you know. 

Will Lillian and Matthew ever be able to trust each other again? Will they have the same kind of relationship once this is all over? Maybe they can. Or maybe one will not. Grab this book to find out. It's so good. It's one of the best thrillers I've read this year. 

Thank you #NetGalley, #MirandaSmith, #Bookouture for this ARC. This is my own true thoughts about this book.

5 huge stars and a very high recommendation.

Buy Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen For The Lie by Amy Tintera

  My thoughts This was probably the most aggravating book I've read in like forever. It was interesting but a bit on the dramatic side a...