Sunday, October 9, 2022

A FAMILIAR STRANGER by A. R. Torre

 

MY THOUGHTS 

I almost didn't read this book. Almost... I'm so glad that I did. It's a true twisty, topsy turvy, intense, thriller that will keep you turning the pages. It does not disappoint.


This book starts out strong and keeps delivering all the way through. There are five characters that you get to know quite a bit about. Lillian, the obit writer.The wife. The mother. The one with all the problems. Mike, the husband. The dad. The jerk. The liar. The cheater. The money maker. Sam, the gay best friend. Ha. The one who is always there for Lillian. The one who tells her to leave Mike. Lillian's confidante.  Daniel, the other man. Who is he exactly? He makes Lillian finally feel alive. Feel like she is worthy. But who is he really? Lenny, the grave keeper. The friend. The one who lost his child. Lost his job as a cop. The drunk. Loyal to the end to Lillian though. These five and the son Jacob will have you scratching your head. Yelling at them. One of them will not make it. One of them causes it all. Or maybe more than one. This is a very thrilling book that has so many surprises.

I was reading along and wham something happened to make me gasp. Then again. I was shocked at a few things that happened in this book. Totally shocked. I did however after reading part figure out who did it. It came as no surprise at all to me. It also did not take away from this story in any way. The surprises were great. I do think this should be listed as a bit paranormal though. It's very good. It's very edge of your seat. It's a true deep down thriller. Not a mystery but a deep thriller. It will keep you going all the way to justice. All the way to the very last page. I loved that ending too. It was so well done. Made me laugh out loud...

Thank you #NetGalley, #ARTorre, #Thomas&Mercer for this ARC. This is my own true thoughts about this book.. 

5 huge stars. It's excellent. I highly recommend and I will be reading more from this author.

SYNOPSIS 

Such a quiet and ordinary wife and mother. Who will even notice what she’s done?

Lillian Smith leads an unexceptional life, writing obituaries and killing time with her inattentive husband and disconnected son. Then she meets David, a handsome stranger, in a coffee shop. Lured into an affair, she invents a new persona, one without strings, deadlines, or brooding husbands.

Lillian has never felt so reckless, unpredictable, or wanted. But as her affair with David intensifies, she withdraws from everything that’s real, even her closest friend. When evidence of her life as a secret lover finds its way onto her son’s social media, she risks ruining much more than her marriage or reputation.

As lies beget lies, Lillian’s two worlds spiral dangerously out of control. And betrayals run deeper than she imagines. Because Lillian isn’t the only one leading a double life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Underground Library by Jennifer Ryan

  My thoughts I can't believe this is my first book by this author. It was excellent. Very well written and researched. Based on a true ...