Tuesday, March 10, 2020

TEN DAYS GONE by Beverly Long

Another new to me author with a great debut novel. A very intense mystery/thriller. The mystery of who is killing and why every ten days. The thriller, the next victim and will the killer get her. Or will A.L. McKittridge and Rena, his partner, be able to save her?

When A.L and Rena start trying to piece together what happened to four victims, with little clues to go by, they have no idea what they are in for. Each victim is found basically in the same shape. Not hurt, not molested but without clothes on and smothered, with their clothes neatly folded beside them. No signs of a break in or struggle. What can these women have in common and can these two detectives save the fifth before it’s to late. Can they figure out who is doing this and why. When they do figure out who will be the fifth victim they are in for a long search to find her before it’s to late. Tess, the next victim, is nowhere to be found.

 A town full of people and no one ever sees anything. No one hears anything. A psychopath on the lose. Is he or she right under the detectives noses? Will they find him/her in time? Or will there be a fifth victim. They each have something, one thing, in common. One thing that ties them together. It’s up to you and these detectives to find out what and save the day.

This book was so good. The way the clues fall I was unable to figure out who the killer was. I wasn’t totally surprised buy sure didn’t figure it out at all. At one point I thought it was everyone in this book. Well not the victims of course but everyone that the detectives talked to or about. I wanted to know so bad who it was and whether Tess was going to be save, escape, live or die that I stayed awake later than usual to finish. It had a great ending. One that really had me on the edge holding my breath. It was one thrill after another while the detectives raced to find Tess.

I throughly enjoyed this book from the start to the very last word. I rooted for the victim and for the detectives through the whole thing. It’s a thrill a minute and it’s one that will have you wondering just who is doing this. Why and how are they doing this. You will find out so be prepared.

Thank you to NetGalley, HARLEQUIN – Trade Publishing (U.S. & Canada)
MIRA, and Beverly Long for this arc. This is my own true review.

I gave it a big 5 stars and believe it’s worth every single one of them. I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Paris Novel by Ruth Reichl

  My thoughts This book is not at all what I was hoping for. It's was a first for me by this author and I'm so disappointed.  Parts ...