Friday, February 21, 2020

THE OTHER MRS by Mary Kubica

WOW, what a jaw dropping good book.

Mary Kubica has written one of the best thrillers ever. This book will keep you turning pages until the very end and you will be surprised by the ending. It’s one that will give you chills. Make you take a close look into the darkness to see who is there. It’s totally great for anyone who loves a good thriller.

What would you do for your family? Would you kill for them? Would you have your whole world turned upside down to protect the ones you love? Sadie would and did. She was many people. She was a mother, a Dr, a wife. A friend when you let her be and somewhat of a detective when need be. She loved her husband and two sons more than anything and would do anything to protect them. But would she commit murder? Would she put herself in a position to lose everything? Or would she stand and fight for what was hers?

Will, Sadie’s husband took her and their two boys from Chicago to Maine to live after his sister died. They had to take care of his niece who was sixteen and somewhat of a wild child in many ways. She was also very emotionally upset over what happened to her mother. She didn’t get along well with Sadie and seemed to resent them being there. Will had lost so much of Sadie’s trust after he had an affair. She was trying to learn to forgive him and he was trying to earn back what he lost. He was a part time teacher at the local college and Sadie was the breadwinner of the family. That was just the way they planned things and it seemed to work for them. Personally I didn’t not like or trust Will at all. He was a cheat and sneaky much of the time. I just didn’t like him.

You’ll meet and hear from two other people in this story. Their stories. Camille who was at one time Sadie’s roommate and Mouse, a nickname, who was a child who had a dad she loved dearly and a “fake mom” who treated her terribly when her dad was gone. I hated the “fake mom immensely.” She was just evil. I felt very sorry for Mouse. Camille I didn’t like a lot. She liked Will and would do almost anything to have him.

This book starts out fast and furious and does not let up. It kept me on the edge of my seat until the very last. All your questions will be answered in this wonderful thriller. You won’t be left hanging or wondering what happened to who. It was a pleasure to read this one. It sure did surprise me so much. I did figure out one part. I loved how the author did handle the mental illness aspect of this story. Bringing to light the things that can and do happen when someone suffers from such illness. It was a very well written story that hit on subjects that will make your skin crawl. Make you hold your breath. Make you cringe. It will definitely make you wonder.

I think this was a fantastic thriller.

Thank you #NetGalley, #Mary Kubica, #Harlequin Park Row Publishers

A 5 star book that I most highly do recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Paris Novel by Ruth Reichl

  My thoughts This book is not at all what I was hoping for. It's was a first for me by this author and I'm so disappointed.  Parts ...