Thursday, August 22, 2019

THE STARTER WIFE by Nina Laurin

Just when I think I have this story figured out it throws another wrench in the mix. A story of a love so strong that nothing or no one will stand in its way. A woman so bent on having her perfect life, perfect husband that she will do anything to achieve it. Nothing is going to stop Claire from what she truly believes is hers. Hers to do with as she sees fit. Hers to attain at any and all cost.

Claire fell so in love with Byron Westcott that she lost all reasoning. All common sense. She was young and dumb for sure. She completely redid her life for him. She went from being a dowdy teen to being a ver good looking young woman with a college education on top of it.

Byron Westcott loved only Colleen. Colleen was his world. His entire existence. His reason for being. He would have done anything for her. They had a love that was meant to last a lifetime. But it was not to be. Colleen went missing and that almost destroyed Byron. No body was ever found and it was presumed she committed suicide. Byron will always mourn Colleen even when he finally moves on to a life with Claire. But will things be good between them. Will he be faithful to her? Will she be enough to help him get over his loss?

This book is one that has so many twists and turns you may get lost. You may think things are heading in one direction and find out you was so far off base that you are totally shocked. I sure was. I thought I had things figured out. I really did. I was so wrong. This book is full of some very shocking twists and turns but it will keep you wanting more. You will want to know what happens next. You will want to know what exactly happened to who and why. Each time you think you have it something else will happen. To the very end you will wonder...

Who is Claire. What happened to Colleen. Who is Byron and what has he done. Who is who and what is happening. I really enjoyed reading this book. It sure kept me on the edge of my seat for almost two days. It’s a great psychological thriller. It’s one I highly recommend to anyone that loves a book with many twists and turns.

The characters are likable in a love/hate kind of way. Each one playing the part beautifully. This author was new to me and I definitely look forward to reading more of her books. This is a page turner for sure.

Thank you to #NetGalley, #Grand Central Publishing for the ARC of this book. This is my complete and honest review.

A big 5 stars. I loved it.

1 comment:

If Something Happens To Me by Ales Finlay

  My thoughts Alex Finlay is one of my favorite authors. This book to me was one of his best. I've enjoyed a few and though I did see wh...