Wednesday, June 26, 2019

I’LL NEVER TELL by Catherine McKenzie

Three simple words. Her family’s motto. I’ll never tell.

This book will leave you speechless. That ending!! WOW! I did not see that coming at all. Never even got close. Catherine McKenzie did one terrific job of capturing the readers and pulling them in to such a dramatic story of love, loss and uncertainty. There was so much going on that you had many ways of thinking about who did what and who was innocent. This family definitely had lots of secrets. Some to protect themselves and others to protect family. They were definitely a mixed up bunch but also loved each other to the end. 

This book will take you to a lake in a campground and you will feel like you are right there. I could picture all the places it described. I could feel the water on my skin. Cold and invigorating. The rocks and trees. The cabins and the MacAllister family. 

What happened to Amanda was tragic. She was just a young girl looking for something. You will feel her pain in so many ways. Her fears and loss. Her youthful wanting. She was just a young girl who should have had her whole life ahead of her. This whole story is based on what happened to her and you will not see it coming. 

Told from each of the siblings and the family friend’s point it will draw you in like you won’t believe.

A tearful ending to a very emotional story. 

Thank you to #NetGalley #Lake Union Publisher’s for this ARC.

Another 5 star book. I highly recommend this book!

6 comments:

  1. I found you but I don't know how. LOL This looks really nice! But it's commenting as Erika. This is so weird. Ok...I'll have to figure this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least you found it. That is something. Thanks BFF!!

      Delete
  2. I found you, and subscribed! Great review. Cant wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I’m very new to this so please be patient with me. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda, glad you have a blog. Will be following. I also have a book review blog. I also downloaded this book two weeks ago, now I really have to read it. Great review. My kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I’ll look for your blog and follow you back. It’s a very good book. All the ones I posted are so good. Dear Wife was excellent and so was Her Secret Son. Her Secret Son blew me away. It has a few surprises to throw you off. They are all good books.

      Delete

Summers At The Saint by Mary Kay Andrews

  My thoughts I can't believe this is the first Mary Kay Andrews book I have read. I've seen several and even own two besides this o...