Bette Lee Crosby has outdone herself with this awesome, heartfelt, loving, heartbreaking, beautiful book.
It’s the story of a loss so great you won’t be able to read without many tears. I mean big ugly faced tears. How to you deal with waking up to an empty crib. A baby gone. You don’t have a clue what happened or where that baby is. If it’s being loved or hurt. That is exactly what happened to Rachel and George Dixon. They put their baby girl down for the night and went to bed like always. They had been awake for a couple of nights because of a concert so close that it was impossible to sleep. But this night they slept. What they found the next morning changed their lives forever.
This book will bring you so many tears. From the start to the very end you will keep turning pages to find out what happened to Emily. Will they ever find her and is she being cared for. Rachel prays that whoever kidnapped Emily is kind and loving. Is the kind of mother she is.
This book is so well written you feel all the heartache all the sadness and longing. You feel the loud music in your chest as if you was there. You will shed many many tears while unable to put this book down. It’s a bit different from most of Bette’s books. I think it just may be the very best so far. The characters are all so likable believe it or not. I could not find fault with any. Pity, sadness, heartbreak yes, but no dislike at all. My heart broke for all the mothers in this story of such great loss. There were a few tiny stories within this one about other women who had lost babies and were grieving. It’s one that will stay with you for a long long time.
I honestly loved this book with all the tears and joy. It’s full of love and happiness and so many tears. A book that all mothers should read.
Thank you to NetGalley and Lake Union publishers for the ARC of this book. I also bought it too. I highly recommend it.
A HUGE 5 STARS..... From the very first word to the last period!!
Here is where I post the reviews of books I read. Most will be books that I really liked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Survivors Guild by Gabriella Saab
My thoughts This is a story of survival. Two young women who survived the sinking of the Titanic... The two main characters, Marguerite an...
-
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lea...
-
“We must die standing up for something.” “And what are we standing up for?” “The most important thing there is. Freedom.” Millions of people...
-
I hope you had a great reading week. ******************** This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOKDATE ! Post the books completed...

Love this author. Got a chance to read her ARC A Million Little Lies even better.
ReplyDelete