Sunday, July 28, 2024

The Astrology House by Carinn Jade

 

My thoughts

If you can keep up with all the characters and all the drama you are a better reader than I am. This book had me scratching my head and asking what they heck. I was highly disappointed.

You have Rini, who runs The Astrology House and the guests, Adam, Margot, Aimee, Ted, Rick, Eden, Farrah, Joe. Four couples who are expecting a weekend of relaxation. That is not what they get. If one is not fooling around with another's husband then another lusting after her best friend or one just wanting to get back close to her brother. It's like a cycle of self pitying spoiled children. Only they are adults and rich on top of it all. 

Secrets and backstabbing is abundant. At least that is my take on things. One dies and others start the blame game. One ends up in rehab(they needed it badly). Spouses leave each other. It's like reading a soap opera. 

I did not enjoy this book at all.

Thank you #NetGalley and #Atria for this ARC. This is my own true thoughts about this book.

I'm also being very generous giving it 3 stars. 

About

A group of wealthy Manhattanites escapes to an astrology-themed retreat, where simmering resentments and long-held secrets lead to a shocking death.

Margot needs a minute. She’s been working eighty-hour weeks as a newly minted partner at her law firm. She’s disconnected from her brother, the only family she has left. And she’s still not pregnant after years of trying.

Stars Harbor Astrological Retreat promises rest, relaxation, and wisdom for Margot and her friends. With Instagram-worthy views and nightly astrology readings in an impeccably restored waterfront Victorian house, this getaway should be nothing but idyllic fun. For Margot’s brother, Adam, it’s the perfect opportunity to rekindle the romance that fuels his writing, but his wife, Aimee, hides the darkness of her past with a beautiful social media feed. Their friend, Farah, is a successful doctor who cannot admit she’s losing control. But no one holds a greater secret than their astrologer host, Rini. She has a plan for all her guests, and one won’t be leaving Stars Harbor alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Must Not Think Of Ourselves by Lauren Grodstein

  My thoughts A first by this author for me. I'll be looking for more of her work. This book was very emotional and well written.  I was...