Thursday, July 25, 2024

Hello Little Girl by Kay Bratt

 

My thoughts

I've enjoyed each book in this series and always look forward to more. That being said, this one was also so good. It is my least favorite though. It just fell a tad short for me in Taylor's part.

I have read and loved all the books in this series. Each has two stories going on. One based on actual events and one about Taylor or her family or both. This one was no different. While I loved it I was disappointed in Taylor's story this time. To many loose ends. I just didn't believe Taylor would do this when she was so close to finding out if Lydia was alive and out there somewhere. She had helped Caleb throughout and then decided to desert him when they KNEW Lydia was alive and who had taken her. She knew Caleb was leaning on her during this time. He needed that support and Taylor never shirked her friends. She didn't put things like what she did ahead of a case...

Lydia has been through so much. All she wants is to get home. To save Jill. To help Jill get back to her mother. They meet Dom's mother, Martha, while being held in a bunker. It's obvious that Martha lives in fear also but will she willingly help Lydia and Jill escape? She knows that Jill is her granddaughter so you'd think she would do anything for her. But then again we don't know all that she had endured by Dom's father, Kenneth. At first I didn't much like Martha but she did eventually grow on me. She was living a terrified excuse of a life also but was free to walk around and see to things. She could have run. Couldn't she??? 

This story is very emotional. It brought me to big sobs in places. I felt bad for some of the inmates at the jail but we didn't really get to know them well enough to get attached. Also I wish it would have had a chapter where Jill was reunited with her mother. That would have been a joyful and emotional reunion for sure. 

This is a good story. You should grab it and dig in. Have kleenex handy. But before you read it you should read the previous nine books. In order. One of the best series's you will read. 

Four stars.

About

In the picturesque town of Hart's Ridge, where secrets linger and shadows dance, Deputy Taylor Gray finds herself at a crossroads in the much-anticipated tenth installment of the beloved small-town mystery series, "Hello Little Girl."

Taylor is given all she's ever wanted when her family is complete, but will it be enough to put them as priority and stop putting her career first?

Meanwhile, a woman held in captivity grapples with a moral dilemma of her own. Trapped between the desire to reclaim her freedom and the urge to save another, she must summon the courage to make a choice that will shape not only her destiny but also the lives of those she holds dear.

Join Deputy Taylor Gray and the resilient inhabitants of Hart's Ridge as they embark on a journey of self-discovery, redemption, and ultimately, the triumph of the human spirit. "Hello Little Girl" promises to be a riveting addition to the series, leaving readers spellbound until the final revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By Any Other Name by Jodi Picoult

  My thoughts This book will be in my top favorites for the year. It is my favorite Jodi Picoult book ever. I had a hard time putting it dow...