Friday, April 24, 2020

CAN YOU SEE HER by S E Lynes

And just like a conversation, when a kiss is deep and true, it can change the course of your whole life.
I knew I wasn’t right. But I could never have known it was the last day I would spend as a free member of society.
Anger gets trapped inside us, becomes hate. If we’re not careful, hate becomes a force often to hard to control and which solves nothing. 
‘I see the woman who hurt my fingers squeezing them when she brought my beautiful boy into the world, who did it again when she gave me my crackpot daughter. I see a woman with her nose covered in flour when I came in from work, making biscuits with the kids and no dinner for me.’ 
There are many people who live their lives thinking no one sees them: the homeless, the elderly, the poor, the lonely, the heartbroken, the grieving, the mentally ill, the disabled, those who haven’t found their voice, those who haven’t discovered what they’re good at, those who shun praise and attention, those who work quietly with love and patience. 
I want to tell you that love heals. I want to take your hand in mine. I want to tell you that I see you.
(These are some quotes that touched my heart in this awesome story)

Feeling invisible. It’s not a physical invisible, it’s an invisible where the people you love are just plain not seeing you. You are not seeing them. No one is seeing each other. They are filled with pain, loss, hurt. Or they have other reasons. When you love someone never make them feel invisible. Let them know that they are important and loved and cared for. No matter what.. 

This book is a very touching story that had me turning pages as fast as possible. It’s my first by this author and by all means will not be my last. It’s a very touching story told from a few different points of view. The story of a woman. A woman who feels alone and invisible to everyone. She doesn’t think anyone sees her. She has lost so much and done so much and can’t believe what her life has become. It’s a very touching and very sad story of what could happen. What did happen and what might happen.

I laughed, cried, held my breathe, yelled, cried more and was in shock in parts, while reading this book. It’s one that will make you wonder why. Why would anyone do these things and why this person. Did she or didn’t she is what I kept asking myself. Could she have done such horrible things or is it all in her mind. Or was it someone else entirely??? I felt such intense feelings reading this. 

This is a story of love, loss, and coming back together. Of forgiveness, believing, coming full circle, moving on. Of a loss so horrible and of a love that does not seem to exist. It’s one that will make you wonder many times, why, who, how. 

The characters in this book are likable, well developed and realistic. They pull at your heart. They pull you in close. They share feelings. A family who seems to have drifted apart. A best friend who may or may not be doing the unthinkable. A neighbor who is scheming. Trying to find a way into your life. A woman who feels she has nothing to lose and who no one seems to even see. A wife, mother, friend. 

This is a great story that will definitely, in my opinion, pull you in and won’t let go. There are a few shocks along the way but the one at the end was huge. One I did not see coming. Though a few things I did figure out the end was a shock for sure.

I absolutely loved this book. All the emotions and feelings I felt. It felt deep and raw in parts and took my breath away in places. 

Thank you to #NetGalley, #Bookouture, #S.E. Lynes for this ARC. This is my true and honest review.

I gave it 5 stars and a high recommendation..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week ************ Warning:  Mailbox Mon...