Monday, September 2, 2019

WHAT SHE SAW by Sara McFerrin

This is my first book by Sara McFerrin and most definitely will not be my last. Her writing style is wonderful. The characters in this book are so well formed and so likable, most of them, that you will feel like you know them all.

A family with so many secrets and hidden agendas. The more prominent family taking advantage of the younger girls. One man holds all the cards it seems. But for how long? Will he get away with what he’s done forever or is he really the guilty party in this mystery? Could there be a vengeful wife involved?

Jix restores things, mostly old trunks and has one that holds so many secrets. She goes on an adventure with her best friend Abby Gayle to find out what exactly the hidden message is in a diary she finds in an old trunk that has been given to her to restore. This particular trunk is very important and she gets paid more to move it ahead of the rest. It holds many secrets as does the family who brought it to Jix to be restored.

There are many twists and turns in this book to keep you guessing and turning the pages until the end. Things you won’t see coming and dangers in so many places. You won’t know exactly who to trust but you will certainly be trying to guess. You will love the characters in this book and will love to hate a couple. Most are good decent people and some are out for what they can get no matter who they hurt.

I throughly enjoyed this book and look forward to more by this author.

I give this book a big 5 stars. For originality, mystery, characters, settings, keeping me on edge and how it all came together. I honestly loved this book and recommend it to all my book loving friends. It’s a quick read that you will truly enjoy. I sure did.

3 comments:

  1. Great review...you are killing me...just downloaded it, lol. Good thing it is a Kindle Unlimited book....now to find time to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment. I do hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

      Delete
  2. Good review thanks for bringing it over Cheers

    ReplyDelete

The Underground Library by Jennifer Ryan

  My thoughts I can't believe this is my first book by this author. It was excellent. Very well written and researched. Based on a true ...