Saturday, October 28, 2023

Hello Goodbye by Kay Bratt

 My thoughts

WOW!!! What a story and what an ending. This series just keeps getting better and better. And I really don't want it to stop. Eight is just not enough. 

This is another story in the Hart's Ridge series. Book seven. In this one you will get an answer to who hurt Taylor several years ago. I was floored. I honestly didn't see that one coming. I thought it was someone else entirely and was glad it wasn't him. You get to know Sam a bit more and Alice who may or may not be Sam's daughter. 

This was a very emotional read. A mother and father were brutally murdered and you try to figure out who did it. I have to admit that here I did figure it out. I had my suspicions the same way Taylor did. The same reason. That did not take away from this story in any way though. 

This family, the Grays, are a force. Together they can overcome just about anything. They fight amongst themselves at times but are always there for each other. Mess with one and you have the rest on you. That includes the mother who was away for so long. I won't say where in case you haven't been reading this series. The dad who had his own demons and the sisters. They are always there for each other when things get intense.

I can't wait to find out what happens next. I hope Taylor and Sam get married. I hope Jo, Anna and Lucy find the love they desire. I hope Cate and Jackson find their way back to each other. I really do. I believe there is a story there. A love story that went sideways but can be put back together. I love this family. They feel so real. So together. So there for each other. 

Take a trip to Hart's Ridge and get to know the Grays. It will be worth it. 

FIVE big huge stars. A five kleenex box rating also. It's just so good. 

Synopsis

In the captivating new installment of Kay Bratt's acclaimed Hart's Ridge series, "Hello Goodbye," the tranquil town is gripped by fear and concern following a shocking double murder that leaves three adopted children once again orphaned. Amidst the turmoil, Deputy Taylor Gray finds herself relegated to a secondary role behind the town's detective, but her unwavering dedication to solving the case knows no bounds.

But the challenges faced by the Gray family extend beyond the murder investigation. Taylor's fiancé, Sam, is blindsided by a life-altering revelation: he discovers he has a 12-year-old daughter he never knew existed. This revelation sets in motion a tumultuous journey for Sam as he navigates the complexities of instant fatherhood while striving to maintain his relationship with Taylor.

Amidst the chaos, Sam is determined to help Taylor find closure for a painful chapter from her past. As he endeavors to mend the scars that haunt her, he hopes to win not just a part but the entirety of her heart, even the parts she has closed off.

Kay Bratt's signature storytelling style beckons readers back into the enigmatic world of Hart's Ridge, where secrets are hidden in every nook and cranny, and the indomitable bonds of family face their most challenging tests. "Hello Goodbye" weaves a gripping narrative of mystery and the unbreakable ties that bind a small-town community. If you're yearning for an absorbing mystery with well-drawn characters and a compelling storyline, this latest addition to the Hart's Ridge series is a must-read.

Hello Goodbye is book seven of the new Hart's Ridge small-town mystery series, written by Kay Bratt, million-copy best-selling author of Wish Me Home and True to Me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding Sophie by Imran Mahmood

My thoughts What did I just read. From the first page to the last. I truly can't believe I actually stuck with this book.  This is the k...