Sunday, April 16, 2023

BORROWED TIME by Kay Bratt

 

My Thoughts

Book four of the Hart's Ridge series and the best one yet. The most emotional one for me by far. It hit me in my heart.

Taylor, Jo, Anna, Lucy and their mother Cate are the women in this series. They are the reason I keep reading these books. They are a family who are so dysfunctional yet so there for each other you'll meet. Each has a story to tell and at the head of their family, Taylor, does everything she can to see that they are all doing good. She takes care of everyone including their dad Jackson. 

Anna's husband is not a good man. He's one to watch out for. He has his little side piece that seems to be more important than his family. Anna now will get to know her sisters better, as an adult. They each have their own problems but are dealing in positive ways finally. Or so it seems anyway. You never know what is just around the corner. I hope nothing bad is coming up. lol While I utterly despise Pete, Anna's husband, he does play an intricate part in this story right now. I believe Anna will come through a much stronger woman that she ever thought she could be. Maybe more like their mother Cate. 

There is a mystery in this book that just about did me in. It involves Sissy who is a waitress at The Den where Taylor has lunch quite often. Sissy seems to have fallen off the face of the earth and no one knows where she is or what happened to her. Though someone does know. Someone you might never suspect of knowing. That part of this story was very hard for me for personal reasons. This author did a great job of making it so realistic too. I literally wept. My eyes are so swollen from crying while reading this book. Silently I was praying that this was headed in a different direction. It is what it is and it has such deep feeling. This book is the best in this series yet and each has been fantastic. I felt like I was there in the court. In the woods. In that apartment. It felt so realistic. 

Another great addition to this series. Another book that will have you holding your breath until the very end and then wanting the next in the series. I can't wait for the next book. I want to know if Cate will find love. If Jackson might find love again too. What happens in Anna's life and how her children will handle things. What will happen to Lucy and Jo. And last will Taylor and Sam fall in love and raise Diesel together. There is a lot going on in this series so be sure and grab them. Devour them as I have done. They are great.

Five big huge stars for this heartfelt book. 

Synopsis

Do you ever really know the person you're in love with? In the quaint small town of Hart's Ridge, Deputy Taylor Gray is about to find out. When her close friend goes missing, Taylor sets out on a mission to uncover the truth behind her disappearance. But the more she investigates, the more she realizes that even the most picture-perfect relationships can hide deep and dark secrets.

Anna Chambers is living the all American life she's always dreamed of, but when things suddenly spiral out of control, she struggles to keep up the facade and piece things back together. But when the person who has loved her the longest offers to help, will she be able to accept it?

Join Taylor Gray and Anna Chambers on a thrilling ride through the twists and turns of 
Borrowed Time, the fifth book in Kay Bratt's gripping small-town mystery series. TW // suicide ideation

Borrowed Timeis book four of the new Hart’s Ridge mystery series, written by Kay Bratt, Million-Copy Best-Selling Author of Wish Me Home and the By the Sea series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen For The Lie by Amy Tintera

  My thoughts This was probably the most aggravating book I've read in like forever. It was interesting but a bit on the dramatic side a...