Tuesday, December 17, 2019

TRUE TO ME by Kay Bratt

Another beautiful book by Kay Bratt. Her books leave you breathless and with tears in your eyes. Both tears of sadness and joy. Heartache and happiness. Such emotions make her books some of the best I’ve ever read. Through in a laugh or two and you have a wonderful, heartfelt, touching, loving, story.

Ohana, means family. All Quinn wanted was a big family. Sisters and brothers. A dad who was there for her. What she had was a mother who would do anything for her. Anything to keep her safe. She loved her unconditionally and with every part of her. On her death bed she made a confession to Quinn that would change everything that she thought she knew about her and her mother.

Quinn goes to Maui to take her mother’s ashes home. That was her mother’s wish and being the kind of person she was Quinn was determined to grant her mother’s last wishes. Little did she know that her life was going to make a dramatic turn. Changes were coming for her that she would have never believed. She was leaving behind a life she thought at the time was what she wanted. Engaged to a man she thought she loved so much and would do anything for. In Maui she found her true self. Her strengths. She met people who changed her life in ways she never would have dreamed of. Sounds a bit like paradise to me in many ways.

This story is told in a way that you truly feel like you are there. The beauty of the water. The paths through the woods. The buildings and the house that changed Quinn in many ways. The family that lived in the house that is. She found so much that she never realized was missing and more. They all became family to her. This is a story of a love so deep and moving that it will take your breath away. The love of strangers and family and a best friend. Unconditional love. The only true kind.

This story made me have lots of ugly crying tears. Not all in a bad way either. The joys and happiness. The ups and downs. The breakups and losses. Family can be such a beautiful thing and it’s not just blood that makes a family. It’s in your heart.

Kay Bratt has a way with words that will have you reeling from chapter to chapter. From one thing to the next. Her books always leave me feeling full. I can’t wait for the next book now to see who we meet and who comes together. Yes, Ohana means family. A huge big family that were strangers just a few days before.

I loved this book from the first word to the very last. It pulled me in and pulled at my heart. It kept me turning the pages to see what would happen next. The characters were so likable and you will feel like they are old friends. With the exception of the fiancĂ©, Ethan. I didn’t like him at all. Nothing about him. But all the rest were so loving and kind and felt like family and old friends.

Thank you to #NetGalley, Lake Union and Kay Bratt for this ARC. This is my own review and is from my heart.

I give this one 5 stars and a high high recommendation.. A must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Paris Novel by Ruth Reichl

  My thoughts This book is not at all what I was hoping for. It's was a first for me by this author and I'm so disappointed.  Parts ...